Monday, September 14, 2009

Kim Clijsters Started New History

The organisers of the Brisbane International accept pulled off a above accomplishment by signing US Open best and supermum Kim Clijsters for abutting year's tournament.

The Belgian won at Flushing Meadows on Monday in alone her third clash of her improvement to tennis afterward the bearing of babe Jada.

Along the way she defeated both Venus and Serena Williams.

The advertisement was fabricated today advanced of the January clash at the Queensland Tennis Centre.

"Something that'd I've absolutely capital to do in my additional career is go to places that I've never been to and never played before. Brisbane is one of those," Clijsters said.

"Australians accept consistently been absolutely acceptable to me and I'm consistently welcome. It's a nice activity to accept back you're so far abroad from home and still affectionate of feel like you're home."

Former apple cardinal one Andy Roddick is the aboriginal key macho signing.

The signing of Clijsters could hardly accept been added accidental for Brisbane International organisers, who approached her afore her US Open win.

"I started negotiations with Kim afore she'd alike hit a tennis ball," clash administrator Steve Ayles said.

"I absolutely said at the end of that account (with her) `you do me a favour and I'll do you a favour'. She said 'what's that?' and I said `you win the US Open and I'll accord accord you a absolutely nice cruise back you appear up actuality with your bedmate and Jada.' She's kept her allotment of the bargain, now it's up to us to do the same."

The Brisbane International will be captivated from January 3 to 10 abutting year. Tickets go on auction from October 7.

There accept been 13 circuit of abundantly abortive talks in contempo years.

No comments:

Post a Comment